Are you fed up with pain and dysfunction holding you back from doing the things you enjoy in life?
Make an appointment today to consult with an experienced Physiotherapist here at Physio Performance Clinic. Our passion is helping you meet your goals and improve your function.
- Sports and Spine Injuries
- Pre and Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Nerve Pain
- Occupational Injuries and Screenings
EMF Performance Centre Member Initial Offer
(15min) – 1x Complimentary to EMFPC members for an Initial Assessment of an injury. This does not include treatment.
If you are unsure if physio is for you, or you just want to have a chat with us regarding your injury or concern, this appointment is designed for you.
(45min) – Comprehensive assessment, which includes:
- A subjective physiotherapy assessment where you can explain the details of your pain, including the initial cause, location, behaviour of pain over 24hr period, aggravating and easing factors.
- A thorough physical examination on the areas most likely to be causing the pain.
- Explanation of the likely diagnosis, cause of the problem, and treatment plan.
- Treatment involving an appropriate combination of soft tissue release, joint mobilisations, taping to limit or guide movement, stretches and exercises aimed to strengthen weakness and/or improve control. The purpose of the treatment is to begin to relieve pain, restore function and commence work on rectifying the initial cause of the problem.
- A written injury management plan including the diagnosis, cause of the problem, treatment required, home exercises, likely progress with treatment and duration of the rehabilitation.
(30min) – Follow-up sessions which includes:
- A thorough physical examination to gauge improvement from previous session.
- A progression of treatment from the previous session, involving an appropriate combination of soft tissue release, joint mobilisations, taping to limit or guide movement, stretches and exercises aimed to strengthen weakness and/or improve control. The purpose of the treatment is tocontinue to relieve pain and restore function, and continue to rectify the initial cause of the problem
- A written update to the injury management plan if required, including changes to home exercises, likely progress with treatment and duration of the rehabilitation.
A unique service to Physio Performance Clinic Coomera, where we review your progress one month following your final session. This is our way of making sure the quality or our services have delivered the results that were discussed at the initial consultation. The purpose of this session is to ensure your injury management has been successful, and your problem has not returned. This session includes:
- A brief discussion of your progress following the final consultation.
- A brief physical examination to review initial problem areas.
- A review of home exercises and correction if necessary.
- Answers to any questions that may have arisen following the final session.
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent disease and disability through physical means. Physiotherapists are experts in movement and function who work in partnership with their patients, assisting them to overcome movement disorders, which may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or are the result of ageing or life-changing events.
Physiotherapy can help recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility. A physiotherapist can also help you prevent further injury by listening to your needs and working with you to plan the most appropriate treatment for your condition, including setting goals and treatment outcomes.
As first contact practitioners, a doctor’s referral is not necessary to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals will often work as part of a team to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition
What sort of treatment do our physiotherapists use?
Our Gold Coast Physiotherapists’ are trained to assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand what’s wrong. Your treatment plan will take into account your lifestyle, activities, and general health.
The following are common treatment methodsphysiotherapists at Physio Performance Clinic may use:
- Exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Muscle re-education to improve control
- Soft tissue release (massage)
- Dry needling
- Neurological techniques
- Hydrotherapy (Local Pool)
- Assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, and and walking sticks
Get in Touch
Send us a message below
Or call / text 0490 105 716